Warmline Launched to Support Nevada’s Health Care Workers
A Confidential call line for resources, referrals is available. The toll-free phone line, administered by the University of Nevada< Las Vegas (UNLV) School of medicine….READ MORE
Nevada Department of Health & Human Services
- Process for assessing, testing, and reporting of Coronavirus cases in Northern and Rural Nevada.
- Visitors-Guide-to-Healthcare-Facilities – (3/30/2020)
- Guidance-for-HCP-Potential-Exposure-COVID-19-Patients – (4/1/2020)
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility (4/1/2020)
- Products for Disinfecting & Cleaning Against COVID-19 – (4/1/2020)
- Crisis Level Guidance for COVID-19 – (4/2/2020)
- Interim Guidance on Alternative, improvised and Homemade Facemasks – (4/3/2020)
- Caring for those infected with COVID19 – (4/22/2020)
- Visitors Guide to Health Care Facilities – (4/22/2020
- N95 Sterilization Fact Sheet – (5/5/2020)
- Update to Crisis Level Guidance COVID-19 – 6/10/2020
Online Training in Personal Protective Equipment
Free course covers, how to properly use masks, gowns, etc. for COVID-19 protection. A training course in proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is now available at no cost on the NV Elearn web page. Health facilities are encouraged to have their staff take the course, which consists of three videos, and participants are able to receive a certificate of completion after they pass a quiz (requires creation of a free NEATS account).
Also, Prison Industries, an industrial program of the Nevada Department of Corrections, has released a price sheet for PPE manufactured by its employees. Products include hand sanitizer, N95 mask covers and dust covers, isolation gowns, face shields and more. See the attached PDF titled NVDOC COVID19 Pricing
All of Prison Industries’ programs are self-supportive and actually return monies to the state, thus lowering tax dollars required to house inmates. The industrial programs are designed to reduce inmate idleness, teach job skills with certification and instill a good work ethic, reduce incarceration cost, and provide high quality products at competitive prices. Prison Industries’ products have a quality comparable to, if not similar to, items on the open market at a substantial savings.
For more information, guidance and resources related to Nevada’s COVID-19 response, visit https://nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/.
Care Plans, Face coverings and Persons with Disabilities
CDC offers guidance on various issues related to older adults and COVID-19
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has established a web page specific to providing guidance for older adults (age 65 plus) as part of the COVID-19 response.
Recently added to the web page are sections about:
- Cloth Face Coverings
- Develop a Care Plan
- Disability Groups and Risk
- Videos in American Sign Language
The page also contains information on who is at a higher risk, symptoms, a checklist for the home and more.
For more information, resources and guidance about the COVID-19 response in Nevada, visit https://nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/.
Helping Hands of Vegas Valley